The Rise Up Recovery Center
The Rise Up Recovery Center (formerly The Union County Community Peer Recovery Center) fosters an inclusive, community-driven, member-inspired space to offer healing and opportunities for growth. the Rise Up Recovery Center is for those individuals in, or working towards, recovery from problematic substance use. People in all stages of recovery, family members, and allies are welcome!
Through the Rise Up Recovery Center, you can be provided with linkages to recovery support resources as well as social and educational opportunities. The recovery center is an inclusive recovery community where individuals can develop confidence, friendship, and purpose. We are member inspired and member-driven!
The Rise Up Recovery Center offers a variety of recovery supportive meetings and workshops supporting various pathways of recovery, including:
- “Self-help,” or mutual aid meetings weekly, including:
- Life skills workshops
- Recovery-friendly social recreational opportunities
- Educational opportunities
- Individual recovery coaching
Through providing recovery resources such as life skill and educational workshops, mutual aid meetings, social and recreational activities to promote a sense of belonging and community, these efforts strive to provide you with a sense of hope, preventing recurrences of problematic substance use. Rise Up Recovery Center is as a platform to foster community-based leadership where our participants become the driving force and inspiration for growth within the recovery community at large.
The Recovery Center is funded by the New Jersey Department of Human Services (DHS) and Division of Mental Health and Addiction Services (DMHAS).
We are also proud to offer participants individual recovery coaching with a certified peer recovery coach. Recovery coaching is a non-clinical peer-to peer service that promotes recovery and removes obstacles to recovery. Our recovery coaches serve as a mentor and personal guide for those seeking recovery or already in recovery from an addiction to alcohol or other drugs.
All of our recovery coaches have been certified through the CCAR Recovery Coach Academy © and have completed the Ethical Considerations for Recovery Coaches training.
Become a member:
Contact Madeline Desrosiers at Mdesrosiers@preventionlinks.org
The recovery center thrives because of individuals like yourself who help us develop programming, workshops, social activities, and strengthen our community. The CPRC is a place where those in recovery can have the opportunity to give back to their community thereby fostering empowerment and independence. We are always looking for more volunteers and looking to develop new ideas and input from our community members and volunteers.
Volunteer opportunities include:
- Calling participants to check in and see how they are doing, informing them of upcoming activities, and encouraging them to get involved.
- Co-hosting mutual aid meetings, playing a supportive role to our participants.
- Outreach! Helping us get the word out about our programming.
- Designing activities and hosting events at the recovery center.
- Becoming a certified Recovery Coach and work one-on-one with a paired applicant who is seeking recovery or is already in recovery.
The Rise Up Recovery Center is all about collaboration and creativity, so we need your fresh ideas and optimism. We are looking for leaders and people who know how to make recovery fun!
Volunteer Application https://forms.gle/3KYaLR5vnMT2qYjAA
To learn more about volunteer opportunities with the center please contact Madeline Desrosiers at Mdesrosiers@preventionlinks.org
The purpose of the advisory board is to collaboratively develop a structure, strategy, and initial goals, as well as to promote engagement among all segments of the recovery community by attending and participating in monthly virtual meetings.
The benefits of joining are:
- Having a voice in strategic direction and programming
- Access to senior leadership
- Strengthening leadership skills
- Broadening your network
- Discover best practices you can take back to your organization and implement
- Bolster your image in the community and industry, enhancing your resume
- Opportunities for cross-promotion of services
- Professional development opportunities
- Gaining a wide range of perspective from a diverse group of individuals
- Staying current and gaining insight on barriers and resources within the community
- Making a difference in the lives of those we serve.
Click this link to be redirected to the application form: https://forms.gle/4DHcBKpNeMZrodCT9
You will receive a phone call and email if you are selected to participate.
For questions about the Rise Up Recovery Center, contact our Coordinator, Madeline Desrosiers.
Read our current newsletter and sign up for monthly email delivery.
The Rise Up Recovery Center
121 Chestnut St., Ste 104
Roselle, NJ 07203
121-125 Chestnut Street Suite 301,
3rd Floor Roselle, New Jersey 07203