Union County Helping Hands 365
24/7 PEER HOTLINE 1-855-825-3275
In an effort to combat the substance use crisis and reduce overdose deaths, the Union County Board of Chosen Freeholders, in collaboration with Prevention Links and other community partners, now offers Union County Helping Hand 365.
Helping Hand 365 is based on “Operation Helping Hand” which is a model where law enforcement officers and emergency service personnel play an active role in connecting individuals suffering from opioid addiction with vital treatment, recovery and/or support services.
UCHH365 utilizes a peer recovery support model in which individuals with substance use disorders are engaged with a peer recovery specialist (PRS) for a period of six months. The PRS is an individual with lived experience of addiction and recovery who has completed specialized training in how to purposefully and appropriately leverage that experience to assist individuals with substance use disorders in their journey to long-term recovery and wellbeing.
Any Union County resident over the age of 18 is eligible to seek help through UCHH365.
- 24/7 hotline staffed by Peer Recovery Specialist
- Weekly support for three months and bi-weekly support thereafter. (Total 6 months)
- Treatment and community resources referrals
- Transportation assistance for those seeking treatment admissions
- Outreach and education for local community leaders, enabling Recovery Specialists to respond to referrals and visit individuals seeking assistance in a familiar environment.
- Training for law enforcement and emergency services is available upon request.
Peer Support available 24/7 Call 1-855-825-3275
For more information, please contact us at email@example.com
121-125 Chestnut Street Suite 301,
3rd Floor Roselle, New Jersey 07203