Family Success Centers
Prevention Links understands the essential role of the family in building resiliency and an intrinsic desire to achieve in our young people as well as serving as the cornerstone for a healthy community. The Family Success Division is rooted in our Family Success Centers and offers multiple family strengthening programs and opportunities.
- Family Success Centers (FSC) are community based neighborhood gathering places where any community resident can go for support, information and services. Individuals and families can participate in a variety of free programs and activities each month.
- Family Success Centers are collaborative in their approach, offering many volunteer opportunities for local residents to serve as mentors and decision-makers.
- Family Success Centers foster community involvement and shared responsibility. Local residents, business owners, and social service providers who understand the needs of the community can influence the development and implementation of services by participating in the Participant Advisory Board.
- Family Success Centers affirm and strengthen cultural identity and diversity. FSC staff represent the culture, ethnicity, and makeup of the community.
- Family Success Centers offer programs, workshops and activities on a variety of topics including; parenting, health, housing, life skills and employment.
- Contact your local center to learn more about the great resources and activities that your community has to offer!
Our Family Success Centers are part of the NJ Family Success Center Network through the Office of Family Support Services at the Department of Children and Family Services. The network provides technical assistance, training and peer development opportunities that focus on maintaining the integrity of the model and supporting providers and staff in each community.
In keeping with our overarching goal to prevent child abuse and neglect by focusing on primary prevention our family success centers conduct a Strengthening Families event during the month of April. The purpose of the event is to promote community education and public awareness regarding the importance of positive child development, child health, parenting, safety and the prevention of child maltreatment. These events vary in scope and topic and may include activities such as, resource fairs, conferences, workshops and focus groups. Visit our social media pages for information on upcoming events!
121-125 Chestnut Street Suite 301,
3rd Floor Roselle, New Jersey 07203