Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the 2020 PSA Contest was canceled.
- All submissions need to be unique in concept. Through a positive 30 second message, students will discourage the use of alcohol while explaining the severe consequences of underage drinking.
- Entries must contain all original material (including music). Submissions may not incorporate any copyrighted, trademarked, or otherwise branded materials, logos, products, etc. Entries that contain copyrighted, branded, and/or trademarked materials will be disqualified.
- Each PSA submitted must be created by a team of 2 – 6 students. Students may not participate in more than one team. There may be multiple submissions from a school, but each team may only submit one PSA.
- Contest entries may only be submitted by teachers on behalf of their students.
All submissions are due by May 1st, 2020
All Submissions Must Include:
- School name
- Principal’s name, telephone and e-mail
- Faculty Advisor name, telephone number and e-mail address
- Student names
By submitting a PSA, all entrants grant the sponsoring agencies a non-exclusive license to reproduce, prepare derivative works, publicly display or distribute the project on television, the Internet and related events.
Scripts will be judged on:
- Originality – is creativity used to deliver the message?
- Persuasion – how impactful will the PSA be to changing someone’s driving behaviors or attitudes?
- Youth appeal – is the message clear and relevant to the audience?
- Simplicity – is the message concise and to the point!
- Overall production values/technical competence.
**Videos will not be judged based on technical ability
Remember: Copyrighted materials may not be used.
All entries will be judged and reviewed by Union County representatives such as members of the Union County Sheriff’s Office, the Union County Prosecutor’s Office, M.A.D.D., Board of Chosen Freeholders, D.A.R.E. and the education community. This process will determine a score for each of the top six videos. Those top videos will be displayed on www.preventionlinks.org/psa for online voting. The top three winners will be decided by a combination of judges’ scores, online votes, and audience member votes. We encourage participants to get support from family and friends in the online and awards presentation voting.
Each member of the selected first-place team will receive an Award Certificate and their school will receive a $1000 cash award. Each member of the 1st runner-up team will receive an Award Certificate and their school will receive a $500 cash award. Members of the 2nd runner-up team will each receive an Award Certificate and their school will receive a $250 cash award.
121-125 Chestnut Street Suite 301,
3rd Floor Roselle, New Jersey 07203